I’m sharing my favorite athleisure for spring and summer that keeps me comfortable through hot temps and days at the beach.
Take me to the beach! Ahh, it’s my happy place. And what can I say, beach style is my vibe. My style is casual through and through. I crave comfortable, washable, sweat-friendly spring and summer attire. After all, my #1 job as a mom involves chasing kiddos, getting dirty, and trying to keep cool through it all.
Over the past few summers, I’ve really honed in on a great athleisure wardrobe with those goals in mind. I’m sharing a few new finds plus tried and true items I’ve loved for years and can’t wait to wear again now that the weather is warm.
My Favorite Athleisure for Spring & Summer
One brand I’ve been particularly loving lately is Carve Designs. They kindly sent me a few items to try, and they are all my new favorites. I test drove them all during Spring Break on Bald Head Island. Their clothing is so soft and comfortable – ideal for chasing Birchie on the beach.
- Cody Swim Dress – This is SUCH a cute coverup!! I wear a Medium.
- Cruz Rashguard – The Navy and White striped top I’m wearing above. It’s UPF covered and great for a layer from the wind. I wear a Medium.
- Bali Shorts – These have both front and a back pocket for stashing your phone on a beach walk. They’re high-waisted and quick dry. And really cute over a one-piece. I wear a Medium.
- Sanitas Top – The swim top is like my fav Athleta Conscious Crop sports bra, but for swimming! I love the high neck style. This matching Bodie Funnel Neck is great to throw on for cool nights.
I have two main swim color “lines” in my closet: a black line and a navy line. This way I can mix and match all the pieces. All my Carve pieces are in the navy category (if that’s not obvi : ) ) and I picked a lot of navy for my kids too so we all coordinate together!
Athleta is always a top clothing brand all around because we have a store here and it’s easy to try things on in person. A few of my favorites for warmer seasons include:
- Athleta Trekkie North Short: These are a newer pull-on version of the ones I have and love. These look a bit dressy with the right top and shoes and you can get them soaked and sandy on the beach too (they’re made with quick dry fabric). And they have pockets, a must!
- Hudson Board Shorts: These were my favorite, but they’ve been phased out 🙁 These Farallon shorts are similar with a drawstring and pockets.
- Conscious Crop: This is my go-to sports bra. I love the longer length that sits just above a pair of high rise shorts or leggings. It’s my new favorite for Peloton rides. I also like that it comes in sizes A-C for smaller chests, and D-DD+ for bustier chests (me!). And it’s even available as a swim top, too!
Allbirds are my go to sneakers for everyday wear. The Wool Runners are my all-time favs for all four seasons. When they get dirty, I can just toss them in the washer. In fact, I just ordered some of the lightweight Tree Runners for summertime!
I haven’t loved a sandal more than I love my Birkenstocks. I live in these from day to night. Super comfortable. Great for walking. While I wore the mirrory silver ones to the ground, I love the black because they feel formal to wear with a sundress when I’m going out while on a trip and don’t need to bring a second pair of sandals.
When It’s Time To Dress Up
Stitch Fix: Most things I wear that aren’t athleisure are usually from Stitch Fix (like the black floral maxi dress I recently wore on BHI below). I’ve been using Stitch Fix‘s styling service for years, and love the ease of it. They also have a magical ability to fit my body, which is hard to fit since I’m 5’2″ with curves.
Stitch Fix dress + Birkenstocks
I also recently tried Nuuly, a new to me clothing rental service from Anthropologie that my friends have been raving about. It’s kind of like Rent the Runway meets Stitch Fix.
I ordered several dresses for my trip to Washington DC with Beautycounter. Some of the dresses I ordered retailed at almost $500, and yet the entire box only cost $80 to rent.
I’m obsessed with this Somerset Maxi I wore on Easter. I usually can’t wear long dresses because of my height, but this was a size small petite and it fit perfectly!
You can also buy anything you want to keep at a discount. I will definitely be using Nuuly for more special occasions in the future. Have you tried it? If you want to try you can get $10 off your first rental box here.
Kohv Chamberlain Sunglasses
Kohv sunglasses are my favorite – I live in these! Not only are the comfortable and stay on my face when I’m on a run or chasing kids, but they’re also less than $30! I get so many compliments from you guys on them!
Can’t forget to mention my favorite safer sunscreen for summer (or anytime we are outside in the sun). We love Beautycounter’s Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Mist. They both have SPF 30 and don’t leave you ghostly white, even though they’re a zinc-based formula. We always have a bottle or two of the mist to spray on the kids.
You may also enjoy:
What are you favorite athleisure pieces for spring & summer?
More posts from Kath:
Top Reasons Why Athletes Should See a Sports Medicine Doctor
How To Make Mesothelioma Claims
Medical Billing Outsourcing