It bears repeating – 30 to forty percent of all meals is squandered.
I was a visitor on the Nourishment Diva Podcast the place we chatted about foodstuff waste and how we can all choose a glimpse at our recent browsing, cooking and food squander behaviors and contemplate compact modifications.
Food items squander is liable for about 6-8% of all greenhouse gasoline emission. Even although there are many details across the provide chain that direct to food waste, you and I can do our element. Consider if every single home wasted just a pound significantly less of meals each day? That adds up when it comes to what’s in your municipal landfill!
3 Quick Zero Waste Cooking Strategies
- Purchase much less. Only place foods into your grocery cart that you have a strategy for.
- Keep it correct. Find out extra about storing contemporary deliver, finest by dates, and use your freezer to maintain foodstuff.
- Use it all. Uncover new recipes. Use leftovers in artistic means. Cook from the pantry and freezer.
What Else Can You Do?
Food stuff squander is not just terrible for the world. In excess of 10 p.c of People in america are food items insecure, and dealing with foods in another way could have a good effects. There are a few straightforward actions you can acquire.
- Lessen food stuff squander in your kitchen area. Check out out my new e-book to master how.
- Persuade other individuals to squander less foodstuff.
- Donate to Feeding America® or your regional foods bank.